Temple complex of the Novo-Nakhichevanskaya and Russian Diocese of the AAC (Moscow)
The temple complex of the Novo-Nakhichevanskaya and Russian Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church is the largest spiritual-educational facility of the Armenian Apostolic Church outside of Armenia. Its construction lasted eight years, ending in 2013. Among its facilities: cathedral church, Surb Khach Chapel (of the Holy Cross), academic-educational complex and the residence of the Head of Novo-Nakhichevanskaya and Russian Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church, as well as reception and administrative areas, underground church museum and exhibition hall, friendship spring-monument and memorial stones. The cathedral church accommodates 1000 churchgoers.
Held on 17 September 2013 were the opening ceremony and consecration of the cathedral church.
In total $50 mln was raised for construction of the cathedral church. The temple complex was built solely through philanthropists’ donations.