The Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO Wealth Transformation Centre
Founded in 2013, the Centre primarily focuses on creating an educational and research platform for participants of Russian and CIS markets addressing questions of wealth management, succession and philanthropy. Among the Centre’s audience are family business owners and managers of family capital, philanthropists and their intermediaries, service providers, researchers and representatives of state regulatory agencies. The Centre’s main areas of activity include education, research and publications, consulting and mediation, conferences and events.
- Exchanging information and promoting best practices.
- Developing new practices.
- Helping to craft optimal government policy.
Preconditions to creating the Centre
- Early stage of developing the culture of charitable activities in Russia and lack of infrastructure to support charitable activities (transparent legal mechanisms providing tax benefits, special service providers and intermediary organizations).
- Higher growth rates of private capital in Russia and other emerging markets than in developed countries.
- Considerable number of millionaire households in Russia (200,000), which is expected to double by 2017.
- Strong demand for high-quality professional educational programs.
- Need for a comprehensive approach to questions of succession, business sustainability and social responsibility for the first generation of entrepreneurs in Russia/CIS.